Friday, June 29, 2007

Cauliflower & Macaroni

This is not something I would have ever tried if my husband hadn't made it for me. I mean hot cauliflower with macaroni....didn't sound appealing to me. Now, it is one of my favorite dishes. Added bonus, the kids L-O-V-E it! We steam 2 whole heads of cauliflower.
While you are boiling the ziti, cook about 6 cloves of cut-up garlic in 1/2 cup of olive oil. Add about 3 stalks(is that the right word?) of italian parsley right before you remove the oil. After you have drained the ziti, pour all of the garlic olive oil onto the ziti.
Mix it well, so that it is all over.
Add the cauliflower and here is the secret. Pour 1/2 of the water that you cooked the cauliflower in....into the dish. I swear, it is so delicious. As you can tell from my Chef Boyardee kitchen language, Charles is the cook in the family.

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Like Pasta Aioli! This looks really good. I love cauliflower. My favorite way is Cauliflower Polanaise. Basically, you mix your steamed cauliflower with a chopped up hard-boiled egg, and some bread crumbs that you have sauteed in butter. Butter and olive oil, imho, are two of God's gifts to the dinner table!

Jill said...

I'm not very keen on cauliflower, but the pasta looks fabulous. I use Chef-Boyardee lingo too.