Saturday, December 16, 2006

Some cookie exchanging and some tree decorating.


We were invited to our friends, the Meyers, cookie exchange party. It was fun to see some of our friends that we haven't seen in awhile. Did those kids grow or what? Also, the highlight for the kids was the gingerbread houses they got to decorate. Janice found these cardboard doilies at Party City 10 for $1.50! I was surprised how much Lindsey got into it. I wish I had my camera(do you believe I forgot it?). Thank you Janice for such a nice time! Here is the recipe for the rumballs that I made. Who knew they were that simple? Not me!
1 1/2 cup of Vanilla Wafer crumbs (about 50 cookies)
1/4 cup Bacardi dark rum
1/4 cup honey
2 cups of ground walnuts
Confectioner sugar

Combine all the ingredients, except sugar. Blend thoroughly. Shape into small balls and roll in sugar. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.


After the party, we decided to finish decorating the tree. Everyone was very cooperative and excited during the whole process. What a relief, not to have too much fighting going on.

No comments: