Tuesday, December 05, 2006

High expectations.

Every year, I think....this will be the year, the year that everyone will say "Cheese" at the right time. Let's take a stroll down memory lane.
Tyler and Lindsey in 2003....notice there is no 2002. I am lucky I got any cards out that year. This was a pretty good pic, if not for the huge glare/dot on Tyler's collar. Overall, I was pretty pleased. Tyler, Lindsey, and Michael in 2004. Not our best work. The blanket on the couch(a poor choice), Lindsey refusing to put on tights hence, the diaper show, Tyler totally faking his smile and Michael's eyes being partially closed were just some of the "oh-nos" in this photo.
By far, 2005's card was the best. Only thanks to Stacy, who helped me out! They would not take a decent photo together and splicing wasn't working. Michael was running around like crazy and we were really fortunate to get the pic of the two brothers together.

So, beware......this year's card is no different. I do have a couple of smiles, a half-hidden face, crazy hair and someone looking in the wrong direction. Sometime after Christmas, I would love to post a couple of the photos we took while trying to get just ONE "normal" photo. It's funny once you think about it, and weren't the one actually taking the photos.

All kidding aside, I am glad we have the messed up photos. I love them. It is true to life. We aren't all perfect, no matter how hard we try to be and I hope that I can teach my kids that it is okay to be exactly what you are. Even if it is a pouty, eyes half-closed bedhead. We love you all.....every wonderful part of you. Posted by Picasa

No comments: