Thursday, May 31, 2007

Old Maid, a jump rope and apple juice.

A rare opportunity for Lindsey and I to spend some time together came up this week. We headed out back for some girl time. She practiced jumping rope, although the one she was using was a little too big for her.
I have to give her credit, she is no quitter. She practiced for quite awhile.
When we tied it to her little gym thing-a-ma-jig, I turned the rope and she jumped. She actually did it about 5 or 6 times. She was/is quite proud of that fact.
Old Maid was our game of choice today.....can't do that without a nice, cold apple juice. It was refreshing to get to talk to her without a lot of interruptions. She told me about many of her favorite things and what she wants to be when she grows up. A firefighter, then a doctor, and then a Mommy.
I do so love this girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! They grow so fast, don't they? She looks so cute in that bottom picture.

Jill said...

I think it's hilarious to watch little kids learn how to jump rope. My daughter recently got a jump rope from my mom and it totally cracks me up watching her trying to coordinate everything, it's kind of hard if you think about it.