Thursday, December 10, 2009

It wasn't Christmas.

Until I bought Grandpa his Old Fashioned Candy. I automatically picked some up the other day at the store. He really loved it. When we played games he would pass the can around the table and everyone would grab a few. You have to eat a couple at a time, ya know. Gosh, how much I miss him. So, when I popped opened the can yesterday, I felt he was little closer to us. A part of him was here. Smiling, his beautiful smile.....telling me you need more than one and squeezing me tight.

4 comments:

Cristin@ Serendipity said...

I love that every family has those special things that make their holiday season complete! Sweet sentiments...

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Oh Heather, that was my grandpa's favorite at Christmas time too... He also loved the ribbon candy-I miss my grandpa too! I think it's wonderful you still buy it...I do sometimes too in rememberance of grandpa~♥

I also wanted to thank you so much for praying for Timmy...He is doing wonderful and is back at school today. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Robin~♥

Cristina Mathers said...

this brought tears to my eyes. my grandparents always had that candy too! i don't know if my grandpa liked it, but i will forever make me think of christmas with him. thanks for the reminder, friend. =)

Jill said...

I thought I had commented on this post, but I guess it didn't save.

This is such a sweet post (no pun intended) and I know what you mean. My grandma died last December and I've been fine with it, but have very surprised by often I think of her and of all the things that remind me of her.