Thursday, October 09, 2008

Their Halloween house.

After their bike rides on Sunday, we came up with a brilliant idea.

to use a gingerbread house we neglected to use last Christmas...along with the green icing

and make our own sweet halloween house. Ask me how much candy is left on the house today? Not much. Ask me how much candy they ate while they were decorating? Too much. I wasn't able to get any better photos because when their creative juices(aka sugar high) began to flow, I couldn't be sure that frosting wouldn't be all over my camera. So, I slowly stepped away from the area and let them have fun.

Have you ever made a Halloween House? Do you let them do it themselves or are you in on it?

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a great idea, Heather! Your kiddos had so much fun! You are such an awesome Mom!! Lori

Jill said...

I always think we're going to do this, but never do, maybe this year.

Kim Sue said...

I'm such a perfectionist that I find myself "helping" but last year I left the room for most of the decorating returning occasionally to take a picture. What I discovered is I am probably raising a perfectionist too!