Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hearts................................

Hearts....symbols of love. Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary. My heart was so full of love, so full of contentment, and of happiness. I am so lucky to have such an amazing man by my side...through everything. Yesterday he did that for me. My Mom had an emergency triple bypass surgery...open heart surgery....my mother. I still can't wrap my head around all the feelings I am having. My heart was so full of love, hope, and fear. While I waited for the surgery to be over and watched her in the ICU, my heart was breaking into little pieces. I wanted to help her, I wanted to take her place, I wanted to say all the right things, I wanted it to not. be. her. After we knew she was fine and comfortable for the night, we headed home. My heart was thankful, but still wary. At around midnight, Charles had to take his mother in for chest pains....he returned home about 5 am. Needless to say our hearts were heavy with worry for both of them. This morning we are still waiting for results for my mother-in-law and was able to see my mother....actually speak to her without the breathing tube in. Her skin tone is incredible, her lips pinker than I have ever seen them...My heart is overjoyed for her, anxious for my mother-in-law. Although it wouldn't be appropriate, it is almost laughable that two people so important to both of us had heart complications on our anniversary. They say time heals all hearts, I am thankful that we will have that time.

5 comments:

Cristina Mathers said...

happy anniversary. so happy that you have a wonderful man.

your family in our thoughts and prayers.

hang in there.

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, Heather! Prayers for a quick and complete recovery are going up right now! I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the heart issues. I'm hoping for the best for you and your fam.
And happy anniversary!

Mom2fur said...

Well, first, Happy Anniversary!

Second, it sounds like your mom's operation was a success. I wish her continued and fast improvement.
And I hope that your husband's mom is doing much better by now, too!

Serendipity said...

Happy Anniversary...

Hope everyone is on the mend and recovering well...