Sunday, July 09, 2006

Unchartered territory.



I have so much to tell you! Let me preface this by saying, you really had to be there to get the full effect, but I will do my best to explain. Saturday morning my Dad and Charles got to work on Natalie's room. They finished up the electric and put up the framing of the dividing wall. It is getting pretty exciting to finally envision the room. While they were working, I put the kids down for a nap around 12:30. Once Charles and my Dad finished up, we went into the living room to talk. All of a sudden, Michael walks into the living room with a huge grin on his face. We all were sort of stunned. It was pretty funny. He climbed out of the crib by himself. I knew this day would come, but usually you get some warning, right? No, not us. I never experienced this before. Tyler and Lindsey stayed in their crib until we decided it was time for a "big kid" bed. So needless to say, we had a rough day and night. Charles converted his crib into the toddler daybed and we could not keep him in it! For nap, he was up every couple of minutes. We finally placed a gate in his doorway, but he almost could get over that and did I mention, the SCREAMING? Geez, he stood at the gate and would just scream. So, of course, our fear of waking Lindsey and Natalie did come true. When he finally did fall asleep, he was half on the bed, half off. Bedtime was even worse, we have been up all night. He won't stay in the bed! We tried laying next to the crib, putting the gate up, even letting him be in our bed to get a little sleep. So, now it is 5:45 am and he has been up since 2am. Yes, you read that right. Almost 4 hours.........and guess who crashed? He is fast asleep on the living room floor. I know it will get better, but boy are we tired!

Another interesting thing happened this morning. I fed Natalie at about 5 am. I laid her down on the couch next to me and you won't believe what she did!!! She lifted her head and shoulders off of the couch and was trying to sit up! What???? She isn't even 4 months yet....I know, I know...she will be in 2 days, but still! Our daughter won't even try to roll over, but she tries to sit up. What a cutie!

Until next time!

No comments: