Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Six.

Lindsey woke as a brand new 6 year old....complete with bedhead and our traditional cinnamon rolls in the shape of a 6. Oh yeah, and chocolate milk. Bet those camp counselors loved me:)
We had, per her request, grilled pork chops, rice, corn-on-the-cob, pumpkin muffins and cake. How do you think my sunflower cake turned out? Not bad, but not good when you are following Janice the Great...you don't believe me? Look at this one she made for Lindsey's birthday last year and this one for my baby shower. I speak the truth. Lindsey blowing out candles....can someone tell me how to lose the candles on her forehead? It happens everytime to me, not sure why.
Present time was as exciting as it always is. Grandma & Grandpa gave her Hello Kitty rain boots(cause she NEEDED them, ya know) and she couldn't wait to try them on. Once she saw that there were other gifts to open she decided to
let Natalie wear em for awhile.
She rec'd a wide variety of things and loved all of it. It seemed everyone had bought her one item that she had been really, really wanting...so she was pretty lucky.

During all the chaos, Charles was able to grab a couple of pics of me & the birthday girl. I love you so, Lindsey lou-lou....Can't wait to see what you do this year!

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Love the picture of you and Lindsey! What a fun birthday! I am going to start doing the cinnamon rolls on birthday mornings- what a cute idea!:-) Lori

Kim Sue said...

love the boots! and yeah for someone getting a shot of you at the festivities. Until about a year ago, I was always absent.

Jill said...

The birthday goodness continues, I like the way you celebrate birthdays at your house...BIG!

The Hello Kitty boots are darling. I hope she gets to wear them some time. Of course, my daughter would wear them rain or shine so maybe Lindsey is the same way.

Hooray for a picture of you!!