Friday, June 13, 2008

June 9th....Ariel turns 6!

On the last day of their visit, Ariel turned 6. Imagine celebrating your birthday out of town. We tried to make it special.

She had #6 cinnamon rolls.. and strawberry milk for breakfast. And Candi set her up to be a princess for the day with a flashing #6 tiara and wand. So fun.
We set up the jumping castle and I think they had a good time. It was already getting hot, so that didn't last too long.
For fun, we made animal masks with crayons and glitter.

Played twister
and Mr. Mouth(remember that game?)
She was able to open a present for Mom....a fun new leapster game.

Then it was into the pool to cool off.....how is that for an action shot?


The birthday girl requested pork chops, corn-on-the-cob, and applesauce. Is that cute or what? Here is Candi modeling the birthday apron I bought her from Sweet Funky Vintage. So sweet.
I bought one for myself too!
My Mom and Dad came to the party and brought the cake. I think my Mom did a great job with it. It was delicious too.

Of course, it wouldn't be a birthday or a party without gifts to open. We hope she liked everything and had a great birthday. We were so happy to be there to celebrate with her.

They left the next morning very, very early. We miss them so much already. Come back again real soon!

4 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

We are partners in the Summer REading Swap! Yippee! I love your blog and am tempted to order one of those aprons for myself.:-) Lori

Serendipity said...

Fun celebration! (Aren't birthdays the best?!)...Huge fan of the doll cakes (as a little girl and still as an adult) -- give my compliments to the creator!

And...THANK YOU my blogging friend for the sweet gift. I am crazy over it!!!! You are so thoughtful -- if I haven't sparkled yet this year...I am for sure today -- thanks to you!

Jill said...

It looks like a great birthday to me!

Anonymous said...

so much fun you have over there! an i love cherries! check out more than reservations for a great recipe!