Saturday, October 14, 2006

I think of you every day, not just today.


It's not the best photo of my grandfather, but one of the few that I have of us together. This was taken in the fall of my sophomore year in high school. I was only able to see him 3 times after that. There is so much I miss about him. His contagious smile and those piercing blue eyes that twinkled top the list. He was one of the kindest people I knew. He would go out of his way to help anyone. When I went to my grandparents for the summer, he taught me how to drive. He loved fishing....we caught nightcrawlers ourselves before we went. To this day, I only use Land O'Lakes butter......because Grandpa said there was nothing better. He was a meat and potatoes man. Anytime I smell pepper, I think of him and his mashed potatoes! He was a champion at Blew It, a dice game that we always played. What I would give to play it with him one more time. He always made me feel special. When I was born, they had a nickname for me, Binker. Only my mother, father, grandma, and grandpa called me Binker. Although, I was in my 20's and had Tyler, he still called me Binker. Boy, do I miss that.
You are so missed and loved. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

HeyGuy said...

my thoughts are with you all today....your grand dad was a very good guy....love grandma R

Cristina Mathers said...

wow that is awesome heather. it's wonderful that you have such fond memories. i love my grandpa very much too. he is amazing. i am so thankful to have always had him in my life. i hope that she is hear so that ellie can enjoy him the way i have. =)