Thursday, September 23, 2010

19 hours of fun (the family road trip saga continues)

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, at the lovely house of Lori. She is a dear friend/sister I met blogging! When I tell people this, they can't quite understand it. Somehow, we clicked. I am so lucky to know her. Her family, Jeff, Mandy, Katie, Ruby & Ms. Snookie are equally wonderful. When we arrived, we immediately felt at home.

We were greeted with beautiful roses cut from her garden

And this wonderful, fun polka dot wreath she made for me. I LOVE IT!
We arrived just in time for a delicious dinner off of the grill.

They were so sweet to celebrate Lindsey's birthday with this YUMMY cake
complete with candles. Thank you for making her feel so special.


Beautiful Katie made this gift for Lindsey. She did a great job and Lindsey has it hanging over her doorway. Thank you, Katie!
After dinner, Lori & I were able to sneak away for a quick trip to Hobby Lobby before they closed. I see what all the fuss is about. It is delightful!
When we got back, strawberry daiquiris were made and enjoyed! Yes, they are as nice as they appear. The daiquiris and Jeff & Lori!

Getting their sillies out before bed.
Michael was so excited to be camping out on their floor. I don't think he even minded being surrounded by 4 girls.

These 2 were so excited, I don't think they could stand it.
While Lori & I had a SmartyPants championship going on....Charles and Natalie were asleep. Is there anything cuter than a father sleeping with his daughter? Cuteness!

Tyler and Mandy became fast friends...


As did these sweet girls.


Have you ever seen such beautiful blue eyes? Seriously, you could swim in them.

Jeff, Lori, and Ruby(above) took me for a ride. I had to get my celebrity fix.


Yep, that's The Duggar's house. From 19 and counting. Yes, I took a photo.

We had such a terrific time, we didn't want to leave. No photos of leaving, cause I was crying. Really, why can't we live closer?

Drake Family: Thank you for treating us just like family. You are wonderful. You know we love ya. See you in October!?!?!?!


2 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

This was such a sweet post, Heather! You know that we ADORE you and your whole family! 19 hours was certainly not long enough.:( I am SO hoping that October works out! It's almost here! Lori

Jill said...

I totally understand connecting and becoming real friends with blogging friends, so this was fun to see.

I'm so glad you got to spend this time with Lori and her family.