Monday, March 19, 2007

I'll admit it.

I am homesick. Florida was my home for about 14 years of my life. Now that I typed that I realize that I was there less than half of my life. In about 3 years, I will have been here in Tucson for that long. With that said, it doesn't make me miss it any less. I miss my family and few friends that have stayed there. I miss the multi-cultural feel there. I miss the smell of the salt water and sand. I miss the festivals, carnivals, fairs, and other events that are going on all the time. You can never say that there is nothing to do there.
I miss Batten's Farm, a u-pick farm with the absolute best strawberry shakes ever made.
My best friend, Christine, in front of Batten's.

I miss all the hole in the wall diners, bars, and clubs. I miss Carlos & Pepe's, Brick Oven, The Crabhouse, Cafe de Paris, Le Crepe, Markham Park, Johnson Street Beach, and so much more. Hope to visit sometime soon. Whew, that was good to get off of my chest.



No comments: